Saturday, October 27, 2007

family pictures


this picture was (obviously) not taken by me - it was done by an actual photographer, the lovely and very talented Stacy Young (who I've actually known since elementary school. I remember going to her house in like third grade and dancing around to songs by Weird Al Yankovich.) (You probably didn't care to know that. Hey, wasn't this supposed to be a picture blog?). Anyway, it was our first attempt at family pictures since William was born and it DID NOT GO WELL. Michael is crying in this picture, because two minutes after we left the car it started to hail. and blow. and rain. and hail some more. and rain and rain and rain.
(this is also why my hair is crazy.)
(okay, fine, it's probably not why my hair is crazy.)
Anyway, despite the crazy hair and the crying child, I love this picture. And then we tried again a couple of days later, with much better results; I am so excited and inspired by the beautiful job she did. If you're interested, you can see more of Stacy's work at her studio website, http://www.threewinksstudio.com/.

1 comment:

Katmarie said...

It's getting late and I should be in bed, but...

Darling picture. Stacy did an excellent job. I went over to her website and she has a ton of your pictures up on her blog, plus a slideshow thing which has me drowning in envy. (I know, I know, bad Kat, envy is wrong...) (I really want to know who did her website - I really like some parts of it.)

Actually, the other thing that really weirded me out is when I went to her proof gallery, I saw that she had taken pictures of the Ryan Monsen family and I was like, Hey I went to school with him! That made me laugh. (But in a good way, you know. Totally a good way. <grin>

Man, you guys are cute!