Saturday, February 14, 2009

love



Probaby four or five times a day William gets my attention in order to declare "sissy loves me!" or sometimes "sissy loves Lilyem." About half the time it's an announcement, a discovery of something too exciting to be contained; but my favorite is when he phrases it as a question,

"sissy loves me?"

It's not a rhetorical question, but neither is the answer in doubt. His smile is expectant. "Yes," I tell him. "Ivy loves you very much." And this reply is so satisfactory to him, so pleasing, he's almost smug. "Yes," he repeats to himself, "Ivy loves me."

the best part of this story is, she really does.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I hope you know you are loved and are not ashamed to enjoy hearing it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful Liz. Thanks for that.

Chris said...

Aren't you afraid she will fall off the dresser? How do you keep her up there?