Tuesday, May 19, 2009

last day of preschool

Today was Michael's last day of school. His class put on a program for the parents.


I guess technically they called it a "graduation," but I find it rather ludicrous to consider anything involving animal masks and sunglasses a graduation, even if they do play "Pomp and Circumstance."


But the program was adorable. They did dances:


and sang songs:

"if all the raindrops were lemondrops and gumdrops..."



Michael even had some speaking lines. He recited them loudly and clearly, without any help at all--it was wonderful!


I think the things Michael will miss most about preschool are his best buddy Louk:



his crush Miss Heather:




and his teacher Miss Jeanna:



I am so proud of the smart, independent, fearless person Michael is becoming.

it was a great year.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

The last picture shows how much Michael looks like you. ...pardon me if I incessantly look at and comment-- for I am determined to get Maile potty trained. She is glued to the toilet and I to my computer.

Em said...

What an awesome kid! Also, I'm super jealous that he's out of school already. We go until June 23rd. That's right. We have more than a month left!

Megan Ford said...

I love that they do the cute programs. The programs aren't "cute" for that long so enjoy while you still can. Our 6th grade one was fun, but not at all cute. Its sooo much work. Good job Michael!