Wednesday, December 2, 2009

holiday spirit

Today Chris and I took the kids up to Festival of Trees, one of my favorite holiday traditions. Have you been? You should go. It is magical. The trees are incredible. The gingerbread houses are inspired. The fudge is divine. (so are the scones and cinnamon rolls.) (I try everything, so I know.) I want to be rich and bid on the play houses.

I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera so I could show you pictures. But I did, so I can't.

sorry.

Festival of Trees, aside from displaying some pretty spectacular creations, raises money for Primary Children's Medical Center, which is a really remarkable facility. A lot of the trees are donated in honor of Primary Children's past patients, some who survived, some who didn't.

I cry every year.
in a good way.

so just go. you won't be sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see Charlotte's tree?

Spliz said...

I did, and thought it was very beautiful.