Friday, May 13, 2011

I Can't Believe No One Has Contacted Me to Write "Der Strewwelpeter II: Electric Boogaloo"

William: MOOO-OOOOM!
me: No.
William: MOOO-OOOOM!
me: No.
William: MOOO-OOOM! MOM! MOM!
me: No.
William: MOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOM! MOOOOOOO-OM!
me: No.
William: MAMA! LISTEN. MAMA!
me: I am listening. I can hear you.
William: THEN LET ME!
me: No.
William: YOU ARE SO MEAN, MOM! YOU NEVER LET ME DO ANYTHING, EVER, MEAN!
me: William, let me tell you something.
William: YOU LOVE ME, I ALREADY KNOWED THAT.
me: Actually, I'm going to tell you a story. Once upon a time there was a little boy named William, and William was a good little boy but sometimes he would whine all day, ALL DAY LONG. And his mother got tired of listening to him whine, and the fairies loved his mother so one day a fairy came to William and said, "William, you must stop whining! and I will give you a magical wand." But William wouldn't stop whining, so the fairy took her magical wand and cut out his tongue.
William: ...
me: and hung it on the wall.
William: ...
me: the end.
William: ...
me: also, I love you.



4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

It's hard to be a kid! (but I'm sure it's harder to be the mom of the whiney kid!)

Jess said...

haha! Ask Ashley about telling Maile she'd cut off her fingers!

Anna White said...

Honestly. I really wish I could live closer to you. You make me so happy!

Grandy said...

Wouldn't it be so helpful to remember our thinking and thought processes from when we were little!!! communication-ever elusive Claire won't go into the kitchen from the family room alone at night. When at least one light is on and I am in the family room! (basically the same room) Hard to get!!