Wednesday, August 17, 2011

solids: a pictorial



This morning I decided it was time to stop procrastinating and feed Charles some real food. By real food, you understand, I mean pureed organic apples, not, like, a steak. I mean, I know his appearance is misleading, but Charles bulked up on nothing but breastmilk and ... breastmilk. It was his superpower! Then at his six month checkup I discovered he had actually lost a couple of oz since May, and I decided it was time to get real and feed that kid some food. Then I put it off for a week. Then I tried to remember to buy baby food everytime I was at the store, and that took another week.



But finally we reached today. I had both food and hands with which to feed him. I sat him in the high chair and said, "Charlie. You're going to eat now."






"I'm going to put this in your mouth, and I really think it would be in your best interest to keep it there."





"Okay. Let's do this."











...












the end.


2 comments:

Christofer said...

Hahahaha

kat said...

I want to thank you for this post. It made me laugh out loud.