Thursday, August 20, 2009

blog I never finished back in April

ever since Easter Michael has been really into Jesus, and I phrase it like that not to be disrespectful, but because I'm not really sure how else to say it. He's been talking about Jesus all the time lately, and things are getting a little weird.

him: where are we going, Mama?

me: to the airport to pick up dad.

him: why?

me: because he needs a ride, and also because we love dad and can't wait to see him.

him: oh. (to william.) we're pickinng up dad at the airport. Jesus wants us to.

me: wait. what?

him: Jesus wants us to pick dad up.

me: that's, um...not what I said.

him: when we pick Dad up at the airport, it makes Jesus so happy.

me: ...

and that's pretty much how most these conversations end, with me at a loss. I don't know how to respond to that. I mean, on the one hand, I'm pretty sure Chris getting picked up from the airport was not really the focus of His message and ministry. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure "Jesus doesn't care if we pick dad up from the airport" isn't striking the right tone either.

I've tried elaborating. "Well, Jesus wants us to love one another. So when we love each other, and do kind things for each other, that's good."

And he's all, "right. Jesus is happy when we pick up dad at the airport. He told us to."

and this is where I usually just give up and let it go. I mean, there are worse things to believe. Right?

2 comments:

ayoungblut said...

I love Michael. Loved his pics yesterday, love his reasoning today!

Turley Family said...

we had a lot of fun seeing you last week end! love you guys!