Saturday, August 29, 2009

yesterday

it's four o'clock in the afternoon and William has not had a nap today. I can hear him banging up the stairs to the sliding door, which he flings open fiercely, before stopping completely. He's framed in the doorway, letting his eyes adjust, but as soon as he sees me he runs over and stands practically on my toes. And as he runs he starts shouting:

"MOM MOM MOOOOM MOMMA, MICHAEL HIT ME, AND THE TRAMP HURT, HURT MY HEAD, IT GOT HURT AND I, I, I HUNGWY, I REALLY HUNGWY, I WANT SOME CHEESE, AND YOU TURNED OFF THE MOVIE, IT WASN'T OVER YET, MICHAEL SAID THAT, MICHAEL TOOK MY TOY AWAY, AND I GOING TO THROW THIS TOY AT YOU, YOU, I, I, I NEED A TUB, I DON'T WANT A TUB, AND YOU SAID NO PONIES, NO MORE PONIES, AND THAT MAKED ME SAD.

(pause)

DON'T MAKE ME SAD!

(pause)

OKAY?"

He stares at me for a few seconds. Then he turns around, snags my phone, hides it behind his back, and leaves the room.

...

I maybe should have insisted on naps today.



(and by the way, that pony thing? happened a week ago.)

1 comment:

Katmarie said...

I just want you to know, this is still my favorite post like ever. It somehow encapsulates all of his williamness. Awesomely.